After apple introduced Airplay on iOS 5 some iPhone and iPad users searching for a app or software that will allow them to mirror their iDevice’s displays on Windows Pc. So today I’m going to share a guide on How to mirror iPhone or iPad to windows?
What is Airplay?
AirPlay is a technology introduced by apple in iOS 5. Airplay allows you to wirelessly stream what’s on your iDevices to your HDTV and speakers. And it also mirror exactly what’s on your display to the big screen. But only with a $99 Apple TV box connected.
But now we can stream/mirror iPhone or iPad displays to your Windows PC using third-party software. Here’s how to do that.
Requirement to do Airplay Mirroring
- iDevices with iOS 7.1 or newer.
- Pc with Win XP or more
Steps to Mirror your iPhone or iPad to Windows,
Note:- Make sure that your iPhone/iPad and the PC are connected to the same network on Wi-fi.
Step 1 :- Download and install X-Mirage on your PC.
Step 2:- After installation process completed run the app on your PC. Automatically, it will turn your pc into an AirPlay receiver.
Step 3 :- Swipe up from the bottom to top, to get the control center, and tap AirPlay in the control center.
Step 4:- After that choose your PC from the list of available devices. And then just toggle on Mirroring and you’re good to go.
That’s all. Your iPhone/iPad display should now be mirrored on your Windows PC with the help of X-Mirage.
Some more features of X-Mirage:-
Apart from Mirroring X-Mirage have some more features. Such as,
- One-click recording – You can Make demo videos, record lessons for students, record iOS games or iOS app tutorials.
- Multiple devices – Mirror multiple iOS devices to one Mac or PC.
- Streaming – Enjoy photos, movies and more on the bigger screen.
- Media Control – Change tracks or pause/play with the separate media control bar on Mac or PC.
- Stream Audio – Stream audio from an iDevice and enjoy it on Mac or PC.
- Password Protection – Create AirPlay password for your Mac to prevent unwanted users.
We tested X-Mirage and it works fine. X-Mirage was relatively smooth, even when switching between landscape and portrait orientations. X-Mirage is free to try for seven days, and then an unlimited license costs $16.00. If you want to mirror your iPhone/iPad to Windows/Mac Pc, you can have it. It also have a Mac version too and for a lot less than the price of an Apple TV.
You can download X-Mirage from here: Download X-Mirage